About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm Better Without "Better With You"



This new show by Shana Goldberg-Meehan (“Friends and the unfortunate “Joey”) is your average, generic sitcom with a laugh track (I just threw up a little in my mouth. HIMYM is the only show that gets a pass on that one). I was happy to see Joanna Garcia again after my 2006 addiction to “Reba”, but I think this will be one more in her trail of failed shows.

We follow three couples at different stages in their relationships. Mia and Casey have been dating for 7 ½ weeks when Casey proposes - yeah, she’s knocked up. Mia’s sister Maddie has been with her boyfriend Ben for 9 years, and not being married is a valid life choice. Parents Vicky and Joel have been married for 35 years. It really freaks me out to see Kurt Fuller in a sitcom after seeing him as violent angel Zachariah on “Supernatural” and uber creepy coroner on “Psych”. Nice to see Debra Jo Rupp in a network comedy again. If you’re looking for a politically correct, cliché, overacted sitcom, go for it. Chances are, ABC will keep it on the air for at least seven seasons.

Wednesdays at 8:30pm on ABC

Stay Tuned….(just not to this)

No comments: