About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Friday, September 10, 2010

"Terriers" - Does it Have Bite?

“Terriers” is the tale of two losers. One, an ex-cop/ ex drunk and the other, his seemingly dim witted, but cute (in a dirty way) best friend. These two losers get by as unlicensed private detectives….at the beach. Donal Logue portrays the shaggy and haggard Hank Dolworth. You might remember him from “Grounded for Life” or if you watched the prematurely canceled NBC show Life (he was a bit chunkier then). Best friend Britt Pollack is played by Michael Raymond-James (True Blood, no I do not watch True Blood).

The pilot was written by Ted Griffen (Ocean’s 11 and Rumor Has It) and directed by Craig Brewer (Hustle & Flow and Black Snake Moan). Yes....I agree. That's a strange combination.

This episode follows the wannabe PI’s as they try to locate the daughter of Hank’s pal from his drunk days. She’s gotten herself into some trouble. The bloody kind…not the baby bump kind. She’s connected to a rich development guy, that big surprise….isn’t legit.

Favorite quote of the episode:
Gretchen- “Jesus, what happened to you?”
Hank- “I got into some fisticuffs with a little league team, but you should see those kids”

The dialogue is witty and sarcastic, just the way I like it. This show is sure to be full of dirty deeds and dark overtones. Classic Shawn Ryan. The man I once called God, until the finale of the Shield. But that’s a whole ‘nother blog.

Overall, it has definite potential. Logue will be the driving force, but supporting props will go to Raymond-James. He's charming and endearing. My expectations are high, given that Shawn Ryan is the creator and show runner. It’ll be interesting to see the drama and grittiness that he brings mixed with the humor. It has the possibility to be gold, but let’s hope it doesn’t fall short.

Wednesdays at 10pm on FX
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/terriers/index.php

Stay Tuned……

No comments: