About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Very Hopeful about “Raising Hope”



The newest show from Greg Garcia is a little bit of “My Name is Earl”, part “Malcolm in the Middle” and dash of “Arrested Development”. Lucas Neff’s Jimmy has a one night stand with a girl that turns out to be a murderer on the run. She gets knocked up, goes to prison, has the baby and then they flip the switch on her. Did I mention this is a sitcom? Jimmy is left to raise Princess Beyonce on his own, well kind of. He has the “help” of his crazy mother (Martha Plimpton) that tries to get him to safe drop the baby at the fire house, his pool cleaning, dim-witted dad, idiot cousin and great-grandmother Maw Maw, brilliantly played by Cloris Leachman (who by the way, walks around in her bra for half the show). Jimmy decides that he has to keep his baby daughter and goes to the grocery store for provisions where he meets a super cool girl. Shannon Woodward (Di Di from “The Riches”) is Sabrina, a wise ass girl who’s bored with her job and amused by Jimmy.

This show is FUNNY! The humor is somehow immature and witty at the same time. Performances by the entire cast are spot on. Direction by Michael Fresco is great. Hopefully, people actually watch so FOX doesn’t pull the plug before it gets a chance to shine.

Tuesdays at 9pm on FOX

Stay Tuned….

No comments: