About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Holy Frak, David Eick!!!!!!!




SyFy has greenlit a two hour pilot “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome”! ADAMA RETURNS (and the crowd goes wild). David Eick, one of the genius’ behind the re-imagined BSG will return for the prequel following young fighter pilot Ensign William Adama during the 10th year of the first Cylon war. Sci-Fi God Ron Moore will not be involved, but I have high hopes for this new addition to the BSG Empire anyway. If you have not experienced the amazingness that is “Battlestar Galactica”, do yourself a favor and check it out on Netflix Streaming Instantly. It’s the arguably the best science fiction show EVER!!!!!! But don’t let that convert you. I didn’t like sci-fi until I begrudgingly watched the first couple of episodes. This is a show about people, about creating a new society, and about contemplating what it means to be human. The performances are terrific, the action is super fun, the drama that will make you cry….oh, and there is a ridiculously hot chick. The heart and soul of the show is Captain William Adama portrayed by Edward James Almos. It will be difficult to cast the younger version of such a beloved character. I know they already did with Esai Morales in “Caprica”, a prequel of another time in Adama’s life, but I wasn’t sold. That series just didn’t grab me. I think I watched the first two or three episodes, but it was much slower and a different feel from the re-imagined version. “Blood & Chrome” will hopefully be closer to action packed original in this re-imagined empire of sci-fi greatness. I will be anxiously awaiting the premiere……

No comments: