About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"No Ordinary Family" is Unfortunately A Little Too Ordinary

I really wanted to like this show for Chiki's sake. I gave it a shot, but it's just too mediocre for my refined television palate. It's nice to have another family show on the air, but if you really want to enjoy some great television with your family, watch "Friday Night Lights". If you've got little little ones, I'm sure you're familiar with the Disney Channel ("Wizards of Waverly Place" is my favorite). The guilt is setting in. I'm secretly, ok not so secretly hoping that it gets canceled so that Michael Chiklis and Romany Malco can work on projects worthy of their great talents. I did love the scene in last night's episode where Romany tries to teach Michael how to dance. As talented as Chiki is, he's best at extremes. He either needs to be really serious or all out goofy/sarcastic. I don't like him so much when he's playing the middle. ABC can do better. Shame on you for wasting one our great actors. Michael, please go back to cable where you belong, where you shine. We miss you. XXOO

No comments: