About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Sons in Belfast



Sons of Anarchy that is. I can't believe we're still in Ireland, but happy that we are.

How I love watching all those bikes ride down the quaint streets of Belfast. I’ve been told that I’m attracted to violence. Those people seem to be right. I love a good fight and it’s very sexy when Jacks clotheslines a guy off his bike at high speed. The torture, not so much. I do prefer fist fights to guns, but let’s face it, guns are sexy. Believe me when I say that I’d much rather be a peace loving humanist, but I’ll say it again, guns…are…sexy. Tara’s boss makes much more sense now that we know she used to live the life, why she’s tried so hard to get Tara out. It’s refreshing to see how multi dimensional Kurt Sutter writes his characters and stories. No one would have guessed that she was inked when we first met her, not me anyway. Another reason this show is so great, is that the writing team writes terrific material for older actors. Let’s face it, Katey Sagal and Ron Perlman are no spring chickens, but they aren’t over the hill either. They are Great actors that bring depth and passion to the dramatic writing of Sutter. I’m sure Kurt is inspired to write great storylines for his wife, but he manages to spread that love around to the rest of the cast. And they do him justice. The look on Jacks’ face as the priest tells him that his father thought the patch was a mistake…..so vulnerable. A way we rarely see Jacks in. I almost don’t want to go back to Charming. Belfast has brought great things. Three more episodes left this season. Already anticipating the withdrawal.

No comments: