About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Monday, November 8, 2010

“The Walking Dead” Gets Picked Up For a Second Season



After only 2 episodes have aired, AMC has renewed the show for a 13 ep second season. This more than doubles the first season, which was given 6. Good choice for AMC considering the premiere…on Halloween…brought in 5.3 million viewers. I guess nobody trick-r-treats anymore. Last nights follow up “Guts”, retained 4.7 million zombie lovers.  It’s always surprising to me how many people love the horror genre. I was just never that into it, but then again, I never liked sci-fi until “Firefly” and “Battlestar Galactica”. I guess it takes the right (well written) content to get you out of your comfort zone. The zombies will soon be seen overseas as well. AMC pre-sold the show through Fox International Channels. I have a feeling it will do extraordinarily well in Europe. Just a hunch. The SVP of Scripted Programming over at Fox International Channels, Sharon Tal Yguado was quoted as saying “The Walking Dead is a TV masterpiece on so many levels. We want at least 10 seasons, if not more”. I sincerely hope she is exaggerating. She might need that sarcasm/joking font. No program is good after 7, let alone ten seasons. That’s why we call them soap operas. If you haven’t already, catch up OnDemand or see the first episode on http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/, were you can also play a zombie killing game and enter to win a weekly contest for a walk on zombie role.
New episodes Sunday at 10pm on AMC.  Stay Tuned….

No comments: