About Me

My Photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Monday, December 6, 2010

FX Puts "Terriers" Down


FX announced today that “Terriers” has been canceled. *tear* This was my favorite new drama of the 2010 season. Granted, I didn’t blog about the finale because of my lack of satisfaction, but I didn’t want it to be canceled. It wasn’t even that the the finale was bad, it just wasn’t as eventful and dramatic as they lead us to believe it was going to be. The writing was strong and the performances, even better. Donal Logue’s broken down, wearied portrayal of Hank Dalworth was brilliant. “Terriers” introduced me to Michael Raymond-James whose babies I'd like to have. At first, I thought he was a bit dim and just a pretty face, but he’s got some real chops. I have no doubt that with this work under their belts, Donal and Michael won’t be out of work for long.

So what happened? Some said that the posters featuring the dog were misleading. I don’t think that was it. My guess is that not enough people gave it a shot. If you watched at least one of two eps and have good taste, how could you not go back for more?! Yes, I am disappointed in Tim Griffin and his writing team for not giving us a good enough finale, but it was obviously over before that. More importantly I am disappointed in “The Shield” and “Sons of Anarchy” fans that didn’t watch in droves. I am a loyal viewer therefore I will give any show a shot if it’s by someone that has proven their brilliance before (i.e. Shawn Ryan, Kurt Sutter, J.J. Abrams, Charles Eglee). Sometimes it doesn’t work out and the new show just isn’t up your alley, but show some allegiance! I put my trust in the writers and producers that have rarely, if ever done me wrong. Most of the time, it works out (with the exception of the series finale of “The Shield”). If you don’t believe me, watch “Dexter” or “Sons of Anarchy”. Some may fight me on including “Lost” in that list, but I will. Yes, I’m putting it in writing! I loved the “Lost” finale and I don’t care who knows it! “Terriers” will be missed, so Donal and Michael, here’s to you. Cheers mates.

No comments: