About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Friday, January 28, 2011

"Fairly Legal" is Only Fairly Interesting



I checked out the first couple of episodes. So far....it's just ok. Sarah Shahi plays a legal mediator with a heart of gold, a sharp tongue and a phone that won't stop ringing. Her lawyer father has just kicked the bucket leaving his young blond wife to run the big, fancy law firm. Needless to say, Shahi's Kate Reed is less than thrilled to be working for the wicked witch of the west. Her brother, the scarecrow played by Ethan Embry is also an attorney, but taking some time off to be a stay at home dad. Kate's assistant Leo (the lion) consistently covers for Kate's repetitive lateness and general inability to be where she says she will. Michael Trucco may look familiar as Sam/Cylon of "Battlestar Galactica" but is now the Tin Man. He plays Kate's district attorney ex-husband with benefits. If you hadn't guessed, dear ol' dad is the wizard. It's on his boat, the Come A Broad that Kate is living.

Kate is good at what she does. In fact, she's the best (or so they keep telling us). She connects with her clients and goes above and beyond to fix them. She spends her own money, risks her career and even lands herself in jail. It's a little over idealistic and filled with too many attractive people. I live in the real world. Not all successful lawyers and professionals are stunningly beautiful. On the other hand, Kate's got spunk. I like a rebel in heels. It's possible that I might be able to put aside my disdain for the horrible opening titles and watch a few more episodes.

Thursdays at 10pm on USA

Stay Tuned....if you want

No comments: