About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hot Docs Practicing Jungle Medicine


Finally watched the premiere of ABC’s “Off the Map”. I was interested because Zach Gilford plays one of the young American doctors. He’s fresh off the plane to practice medicine in a third world South American country. Still waiting to see the final season of “Friday Night Lights”, but that’s another blog post. His character couldn’t be more different than the good boy football player, Matt Saracen. Dr. Tommy Fuller is a plastic surgeon who’s looking for a place to surf in his off time. He partied his way through college and med school just to become a mediocre doctor that “puts boobs in strippers”. I think he’s looking for a little redemption in the jungle. Very dramatic stuff. Dr. Lily Brenner gets a cool case when she cuts Michael McKeon’s arm out of a zip line hundreds of feet above the rocky terrain below. When he needs surgery, she helps the jungle version of Dr. McDreamy do a coconut transfusion. Yes, coconuts. I’ll bet we’re going to see a lot of crazy exotic medicine being practiced against this gorgeous backdrop. ABC films the series in Hawaii alongside CBS’ “Hawaii Five-O”.  The show was created by Jenna Bans, “Grey’s Anatomy” alum. I’m not sure yet. I like the concept, but I’m not sure how much I like the characters. I’ll definitely give it a few episodes. How ‘bout you?

Wednesdays at 10pm on ABC

Stay Tuned….

1 comment:

Blogger said...

I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can watch the sexiest virtual strippers on my desktop.