About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The "Glory Daze" Are Over


I was reading deadline.com, like I do several times a day and I read that TBS' one hour comedy "Glory Daze" was canceled or to put it nicely, is not being renewed. I'm a little upset about this. Granted, it wasn't Emmy worthy, but it had potential. TBS didn't really give it a fair shot since it was aired over the holiday season. Who the hell is home during the month of December (besides me)? They even aired a new episode the weeks of Christmas and New Years.

If you didn't catch it's limited run, "Glory Daze" followed four college freshman rushing a fraternity in Wisconsin.....oh and it's 1986. The costumes and soundtrack alone were worth checking it out for an ep or two. I think the standout was Matt Bush. He was that guy in Adventureland that kept punching guys in the junk. With his comedic chops, Mr. Bush is going places. I was also quite amused by Chris D'Elia's performance of Stankowski, the thirty year old frat brother that has been high for the last decade and a half. Deadline also reported that he's booked an NBC pilot. I hope TBS doesn't turn out to be the next Fox, creating new shows and canceling them before they get off the ground. Although, I wouldn't mind if they canceled some of those Tyler Perry shows. The promos alone annoy the bejeezus out of me.

No comments: