About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

SHOUT OUT!


I just feel like giving a shout out to some of my favorite shows that are goin' strong.

"Raising Hope"
This is still my favorite new comedy of the season. There is yet to be an episode that doesn't insight side splitting laughter. Hope is just about the cutest baby I've ever seen on TV and her grandpa is ridiculously hot. Cloris Leachman is totally pulling a Betty White. If you're not watching, you totally should be. Catch up on Fox.com and watch live, Tuesdays at 9pm. You won't regret it.

"Being Human"
I mean the original and brilliant BBC series. Season three premiered this week on BBC America. I'm a little sad that our family of supernatural beings has left Bristol, but new adventures await in Wales. The possibility of Mitchell and Annie becoming a couple has me on edge a little. They're friends. I don't want that to change and what if it didn't work out. He can't leave her. She'd have no one. I'm very glad she's got her big comfy chair back. Guess we'll see what happens, Saturdays at 9pm on BBC America. Watch the season three premiere OnDemand.

"Southland"
If you live in Hollywood like I do, you totally appreciate the locations. At least three times an episode I recognize some place that I frequent. It's pretty cool. If you don't live in Hollywood, you can appreciate the terrific writing and acting. This season's biggest mind blower was the death of super hot Detective Nate Moretti played by Kevin Alejandro. Every single viewer was shocked and saddened by his departure, but damn did it make for a great story. Since then, Shawn Hatosy has upped his game. I didn't think he was that great on this show until the episode where Nate dies. There are only one 2 episodes left this season. Catch up at TNT.tv and watch Tuesdays at 10pm. Good luck to Kevin who'll be focusing on "True Blood".

"An Idiot Abroad"
If you've seen "The Ricky Gervais Show" on HBO or listened to the podcast, you're familiar with Ricky and Stephen Merchant's "friend" Karl Pilkington. Ricky and Stephen thought it would be funny to send their little round headed buffoon of a friend to see the Seven Wonders of the World. You see, Karl is a little small minded and believes everything he reads. This was their attempt to broaden his mind and laugh while he's tortured by foreign customs. I feel bad for Karl, but it is quite hilarious. Check it out on the Science Channel, Saturdays at 10pm.

"Law & Order: UK"
Just like everyone else, I am so sick of every reincarnation of the American version. But the Brits do it differently. First off, it's just entertaining to listen to the accents and see the differences in our legal systems. The storylines seem so much more interesting or maybe it's that the characters are just more likable. Whatever it is, I can't get enough of this Dick Wolf spin-off. Catch up OnDemand and watch Fridays at 10pm on BBC America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Southland. Have ever since watching the first season on TNT. Sorry, but Raising Hope looks hopeless and since my free time is precious at the moment I can't waste it on that. Have you seen Chicago Code?????? What are your thoughts????? Gotta look through this blog for a posting. I'm a fan and I love how they try so hard for the Chicagoan accent :)