About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Monday, March 14, 2011

"Supernatural" Cast and Creative Team in Person *Yes, I Hyperventilated a Little*




This past Sunday, I attended PaleyFest's "Supernatural" panel at the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills. It was AMAZING! "Supernatural" is a show that I've become quite obsessed with in the last few years. You may not have been able to tell based on my past posts because I don't write about it very often. Honestly, writing about a show like this....in it's sixth season, is very daunting. My goal with this blog is turn viewers on to new shows, but in a series that is heavily entrenched in mythology and has a long and twisted backstory it is in a word, overwhelming. There is no possible way for me to summarize five and half seasons of awesomeness without giving away major plot points. Talking with my roommate and fellow SuperFan (aka Dean Girl), we both agreed that this is one of the few series that has consistently and effectively surprised us. They still throw us curve balls that make us come back week after week.

The WB turned CW show follows two brothers that hunt monsters. They drive a bad ass car and carry guns...oh and they're hot. If you haven't seen it, give the show one disc. The first season is the most episodical, but if you are open to the supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi genres, you'll probably like it. If it keeps you watching, it all pays off every single season thereafter. The mythology gets deeper and deeper and the brothers closer and closer.

Even writing now, I know that I can't possibly articulate the greatness of "Supernatural". It's something that you need to experience for yourself. Don't judge it because it's on the CW...or because it stars pretty boys...or because it's about things that go bump in the night. This show is truly about family and heroism. How many other television shows provoke debate on philosophy?

My aforementioned roommate and I have talked for hours debating the meaning of the soul, good vs. evil, and free will. This is was it does to you. And it's GREAT!

If you live in NY or LA and haven't been to a Paley Center event, do yourself a favor and go! Hearing stories from the set, regrets, favorite moments and how our favorite characters came to be was priceless. The seats were awesome by the way. What a beautiful theater. The only thing that would have made the day better would be getting a picture with the Brothers Winchester...and not getting a parking ticket afterward.

If you're even half interested, check out Season 1 on Netflix. This is definitely a show that you must watch in order, from the beginning.

You might like this series if you like "LOST", "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Angel", "Battlestar Galactica", "Hex" or "Being Human".

No comments: