About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Who Likes Call Girls? Eh....eh.....


 Showtime finally announced the 4th and final season's premiere date for "Secret Diary of a Call Girl". We'll see what Belle/Hannah has been up on April 7th at 10:30. It's slated for eight episodes as usual. If you haven't seen this sexy little gem, Billie Piper (dorks, you might recognize her as Rose from "Doctor Who") plays a high end London call girl that loves what she does. Although she keeps her life secret (in the beginning) she's not ashamed of her profession. Why should she be, she's the best. Belle is the woman every man and a few women want. If this premise sounds kind of familiar, you may have heard about the book the show is based on written by Belle du Jour. And yes, Piper's Belle writes a book about her escapades as well.

The first season is great, delving into human sexual nature. Some people have some strange fetishes, but Belle doesn't judge. Once Hannah starts writing, the series began to lack excitement. Still interesting, I'm looking forward to see if she gives it all up. You can't be a call girl forever.

Check out seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix. Season 3 isn't out on DVD yet, but if you have Showtime, it's OnDemand.

P.S. If you like this show, you might like the Australian Showtime series "Satisfaction". A little more soapy and dramatic, but entertaining.

No comments: