About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Sunday, April 3, 2011

AMC Brings The Drama....Again. TNT's Getting a Run For Their Money


AMC has had hits with “Mad Men”, “Breaking Bad” and “The Walking Dead”, so what’s next you ask? A murder mystery of course. Tonight was the premiere of “The Killing”. It’s a series based on a Danish one. If you’ve been paying attention, you’ve realized that some f-ed up stuff happens in those Nordic countries. Just watch Wallander if you don’t believe me.

Rosie Larsen has gone missing and it’s not long before the police find her body in the trunk of a car, at the bottom of a lake. It just so happens that the car belongs to the campaign of a mayoral candidate. Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) is a single mom/Seattle police detective assigned to the case even though she’s supposed to be leaving town to marry one of my favorite Canadias, Callum Keith Rennie. Hope he stays on the show. Stephen Holder (Swede Joel Kinnaman) has been assigned to replace her, fresh off his undercover narcotics detail. As cute as he is, he’s a bit of a dick.

Rosie’s parents Mitch and Stan are played by Michelle Forbes and Brent Sexton, two strong actors portraying grieving parents. Their performance when they find out their eldest child is dead is heart wrenching. Rosie’s Aunt Terry is played by my favorite former Shield crackwhore Jamie Anne Allman (Connie to my fellow Shield fans). Rosie’s got two younger brothers, who Mitch and Stan are trying to protect from this horrible tragedy.

Billy Campbell returns as yet another shady character. He’s mayoral candidate Darren Richmond and somehow, he’s tied to Rosie’s murder. His lackeys also seem pretty suspicious to me.

I think this show has potential, of course for a limited time. They have to catch the killer sometime, right? It was beautifully shot and acted. Even the music was perfectly paired. The pacing kept me interested and story kept me wanting more. I’ll definitely be tuning in next week.

Stay Tuned…Sundays at 10pm. Catch an encore of the pilot next Sunday at 9pm just before the next ep.

No comments: