About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Saturday, April 2, 2011

"CHAOS" - An Aptly Titled New Series

Last night, CBS’s new spy show premiered. CHAOS follows the four members of the ODS division of the CIA. Yes, there are many acronyms in this show, but it’s worth it. I have to say, I was hooked in the first 10 mins. Brett Ratner directed the pilot written by veteran television writer Tom Spezialy. Needless to say there were no problems with pacing.

It’s Rick Martinez’s first day at the agency. First he’s mistaken for a terrorist, then told his job has been cut and finally placed as a mole on the team the director has it in for. His new spy buddies are less than cordial to him at first. Freddy Rodriguez of "Six Feet Under" is fresh faced Martinez. Team leader is Michael Dorset played by Eric Close (“Without a Trace”). He’s been working with Casey Malkin and Billy Collins for “six glorious years”, so they’re kinda close. Tim Blake Nelson (Oh Brother Where Art Though) is Casey, also known as the human weapon. Looks can be deceiving. Spezialy added a little Scotch with James Murray as Billy Collins, the de-commissioned British spy. If you’re a BBC fan like me, you’ll recognize him from “Primeval”. He was such a quiet Brit in that show, but I quite like the over the top Scotsman he plays here.

In their first real mission with newbie Martinez, the team disobeys orders and takes it upon themselves to save an American citizen held hostage in Sudan. Rick quickly learns that he hasn’t prepared himself quite as well as he thought he did, but he’s got spirit and determination. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is far too trusting for CIA operative. This is part of what makes this show light and fun, yet still entertaining.

It’s just too bad that CBS gave it the timeslot of death, Friday at 8pm. I’m sure it’ll get the older crowd as you’ve got good looking rogue G-Men making trouble on CBS, but I’m hoping more people will DVR it if you’re not at home on a Friday night like me. In a word ……it’s fun. Check it out. The pilot is available on the website...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/chaos/

Stay tuned….Fridays at 8pm on CBS

P.S. Use the name generator on their website to find out what your code name is. Mine is Lone Wolf. Status: Rogue Agent. Security Clearance Level: 5.

P.P.S. What are some of your other favorite spy shows?

No comments: