About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Friday, June 3, 2011

"Love Bites"....Or Does It?

Better late than never! "Love Bites" finally premiered last night after NBC bumped it from the Fall 2010 schedule. This hour long romantic comedy comes from Cindy Chulpack, executive producer/writer from "Sex and the City" and "Men in Trees". The show follows couples in different cities dealing with relationships.

I never thought I'd be able to take Becky Newton seriously after she was so convincing as airhead receptionist Amanda on "Ugly Betty". Turns out, she can play normal. Well if you call a pregnant NYC chef carrying her sister's baby normal. Newton's Annie is accompanied by best friend Cassie, played by Krysten Ritter. Totally loving her right now as I'm catching up on season 2 of "Breaking Bad".

Out in San Francisco, Carter (Kyle Howard) loses his job just as he's about to get married and he's competing with a vibrator for his fiancee's orgasm. He may be down, but he's got the support of pal, Steve Howey. Another cast member that I grew to love while playing a fool. Now if only he had the haircut he sported in "Reba". This long hair is killing me.

On their way from Venice, CA to Miami Greg Grunberg and Craig Robinson cross paths with Jennifer Love Hewitt (playing herself). She just happens to be on Judd's (Grunberg) celebrity exempt list. You know the list, like from "Friends". Constance Zimmer is Colleen(but Pamela Adlon filmed the pilot), Judd's super cool wife. Plus the two of them have a bunch a awesome tattoos since Judd owns a tattoo shop.

All in all, very cute. I like the characters a lot. They're endearing and relatable. The opening credits were short, but cool. They had a great music supervisor for the pilot. I heard at least 4 great songs in the first third of the hour PLUUUUSSS...any show that references "Battlestar Galactica" is on it's way to winning my heart. This was a strong pilot. I can' really understand how this was the show that bumped when there was so much crap on this past season. Really NBC? You chose "Harry's Law" over a fun, quirky and actually entertaining series for a 10pm timeslot? Sometimes, I just don't get it. Anyway, if you're looking for a fun summer series about the trials of love and dating, check it out.

http://www.nbc.com/love-bites

Thursdays at 10pm on NBC

Stay Tuned...

No comments: