About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Thursday, June 2, 2011

TNT Tries It's Hand At Another Lawyer Show

There have probably been about a thousand lawyer shows, but here's another that's just worth trying. Last night was the premiere of "Franklin & Bash", TNT's latest series. Mark-Paul Gosselaar (yes, Zack Morris) and Breckin Meyer (the skateboarding stoner from Clueless) are best buds/law partners in this frat house meets courtroom comedy. I suppose you'd call it a comedy. It wasn't all that dramatic, so not a dramedy but it's not a full on sitcom kind of comedy. It's fun.

Gosselaar is Peter Bash, a young attorney that literally screwed himself out a great job when he slept with the boss' daughter. Despite his undeniable charisma and ability to charm a judge and jury, Bash was forced to practice law elsewhere....elsewhere being the house he shares with his best mate. Meyer is Jared Franklin, son of a successful attorney that rather take up for the little guy than be a puppet for the man. In addition to being upstanding (insert sarcasm font here) attorneys at law, Franklin & Bash really know how to throw a party.

In the pilot episode the pair meet Stanton Indorf played by Malcolm McDowell. I found it funny that there is a poster of "A Clockwork Orange" in the man cave. Anyway....Indorf brings on Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum to pump some life into his stuffy firm.

I like the rooting for the little guy element balanced with the dirty tricks that are played to win a case. When I say dirty, I mean wrong, but amusing and reeeaaally ballsy. Come on, they're ambulance chasers and proud of it. At their new firm, Franklin and Bash will be going head to head with the boss' nephew on a weekly basis. Apparently Reed Diamond does his best work playing lawyer and cop douche bags. Still glad to see him. Oh, I almost forgot. Jared and Peter couldn't move into these new cushy jobs without their paralegal and researcher who just happen to be an ex-con and an agoraphobe. LOVE Pindar. He could be my favorite character. Plus we share the same fear of birds. Dude knows what he's talking about. Click on the TV and hear Pindar's words of wisdom.

http://www.tnt.tv/series/franklinandbash/thecave

The pacing is good. The jokes are funny. The characters are surprising and likeable...even when you think "are you fricken' kidding me?" Definitely a good summer show. Plus they had those hilarious commercials. If you're looking for something to watch on Wednesday nights, check it out!

www.tnt.tv/series/franklinandbash

Wednesdays at 9pm on TNT

Stay Tuned...

No comments: