About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Wilfred" Wins Me Over


Imagine your neighbor has a dog. Now imagine that while the entire world sees a frisky little puppy, all you see is a churlish, Australian man in a dog suit. This is the premise of the new FX series "Wilfred". Based on a short film which was then turned into an Australian series by Jason Gann (who plays the titular role), "Wilfred" stars Elijah Wood (but maybe you know him as Frodo).

In the pilot episode, Ryan (Wood) is desperately trying to commit suicide only his overly interfering sister M.D. prescribes him sugar pills instead of anxiety pills. It's the next morning when he meets Wilfred who gives him a new outlook on life.

I've been looking forward to this show since it was first announced and especially when the promos first started airing. The comedy is a little raunchy (just the way I like it). The concept is fabulous and tone is playful. Until now, as I research the show to write this post, I had no idea that the series was based on existing material. I hope they aren't going all "Skins" and remaking the Australian show shot for shot. Honestly, I don't understand the point of that. Just go watch the original. Why are some people so concerned with accents? You know what I say? Love an Australian or an Englishman...or anyone else with a hot accent. Annnnyywaaayyyyyy....check it out.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/wilfred/index.php
(don't miss the My Dog Smokes section)

Thursdays at 10pm on FX

Stay Tuned....

No comments: