About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Falling Skies" at OnStage@Paley


Tonight I attended OnStage@Paley featuring the creative team and cast of "Falling Skies". It's the latest TNT hit, picked up for a second season after only a couple of episodes aired. In attendance were executive producers Darryl Frank, Justin Falvey and Mark Verheiden. Cast members Moon Bloodgood, Colin Cunningham, Sarah Carter, Drew Roy and Dr. John Carter himself....Noah Wylie graced the stage.

I have to say, Noah Wylie is incredibly articulate and well spoken. All of his answers/comments were very intelligent and thoughtful. I'd love to sit down and talk about television and film with him if his insight into storytelling wasn't so intimidating.

I figured that production on the current season had wrapped up a while ago, since we've been seeing promos for what seems like forever. I was surprised to learn that the pilot was shot nearly two years ago. Falvey and Frank actually attended upfronts with FS two years in row. Well they finally made it and it's a smash.

Unfortunately, showrunner Mark Verheiden won't be returning for season two. You may have appreciated his work on "Smallville", "Battlestar Galactica" or "Heroes". He was slated to begin developing Stephen King's The Dark Tower into an NBC series, but the plugged was pulled just a few days ago. He didn't say what he'd be moving on to next, but he did say "never say never" in regards to returning to "Falling Skies".

It was revealed that we'll be introduced to yet another type of alien and that season one will leave us with a pretty big cliff hanger. Production will begin in October, so we'll probably see the second season premiere around the same time. You can't say FS doesn't make a great summer series.

This is the second Paley Center event that I've attended. If you're in NYC or LA and love film and television, do yourself a favor and check out the public programs.

www.paleycenter.org

No comments: