About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Guess Who's Never Won an Emmy ...................(But Totally Should!!!!!)


Gold Derby wrote an article noting the 12 actors they feel are overdue for an Emmy. Here's the link, go check it out...I'll wait......

http://www.goldderby.com/television/photos/90/12-tv-stars-shockingly-overdue-for-emmys.html

If you were too lazy to copy/paste because Blogger's hyperlink function doesn't seem to work, here's who they listed:

Steve Carell - "The Office"
Hugh Laurie - "House"
Katey Sagal - "Sons of Anarchy"
Ed O'Neill - "Modern Family"
Courteney Cox - "Cougar Town"
Kyle Chandler - "Friday Night Lights"
Lauren Graham - "Parenthood"
Michelle Forbes - "The Killing"
Khandi Alexander - "Treme"
Timothy Olyphant - "Justified"
"The Colbert Report"
The Cast of "Mad Men"

I more or less agree with them, but of course I have a few more names to add to that list.

Walton Goggins - "Justified"
No surprise here. I'm one of his biggest fans. Despite his breathtaking work on both "The Shield" and "Justified", Goggins has never even been nominated for an Emmy or a Golden Globe. If you ask me, it's a crime. His performance as the complex Boyd Crowder is more than worthy of accolades as was his work on "The Shield".

Brent Sexton - "The Killing"

Sexton is one of those quiet actors whose face you recognize because he's been acting for so long in supporting role on shows like "Deadwood" and "Life", but it was his performance in "The Killing" that really put him on the map. Sexton's portrayal of a grieving father wanting revenge infused the series with an undoubted intensity. Let's hope the folks over at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences feel the same.

Charlie Hunnam - "Sons of Anarchy"
This is the role that Hunnam has become most well known for, but I've been a fan since the days of Nicholas Nickelby, "Undeclared" and the wonderfully rebellious Green Street Hooligans. As tortured biker Jax Teller, Charlie has brought a sincere vulnerability to a character that must show strength at all times.

Amy Poehler - "Parks and Recreation"
If you don't know this woman is funny, you've been living under a rock for the last
ten years. She has been nominated for two Daytime Emmys for her work on "The Mighty B", two Primetime Emmys for "Saturday Night Live" and one for "Parks and Recreation", but she's not yet won. I'm more of a drama girl, but this lady makes me laugh.

H. John Benjamin - "Archer"
Last year Benjamin was nominated for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance, but didn't win. Guess who he lost to...Anne fricken Hathaway. This man makes his living as a voice over artist and she does a guest spot on "The Simpsons" and takes home Emmy. With his unique voice and ridiculously brilliant delivery, Benjamin has my vote (useless as it may be).

"Raising Hope"
My rule of thumb is that if a show makes you laugh til your face hurts and you nearly pee yourself, it should win an Outstanding Comedy Emmy. My guess is that Hope will be nominated, but it's a shame if it's not. Garret Dillahunt also deserves his own nom. I look forward to Tuesday nights this fall and needing a spare pair of panties.

"Southland"
This show keeps getting better and better. The writing is an actor's dream to perform. If you haven't seen last season, you're missing out. Next to "The Shield", this is the best and grittiest cop show I've ever seen. It's a surprise to me that they haven't seen writing, directing and acting nominations.

"Supernatural"

You may have noticed that it's an unofficial rule to never nominate WB/CW series for major awards. Sure, "Supernatural" can dominate the science fiction awards and now and then get a technical nomination, but it has never been taken seriously in the major categories. This is one of the most well written series on the air. I'd also like to see Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins get some recognition for their outstanding performances. Unfortunately, I've resigned myself to the fact that it will never happen especially now that we are nearing the end.

Did I miss anyone? Who do you think has been deprived of an Emmy for far too long?

No comments: