About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Walton Goggins is My Hero


Every now and then I feel the need to sing the praises of one of my favorite actors and in my opinion, one of the best to grace the small and sometimes silver screen...Walton Goggins. He just signed on for Speilberg's Lincoln, playing an Ohio Congressman. Goggins is hitting the big screen hard this year with Cowboys & Aliens soon to drop and Straw Dogs, also starring my favorite vampire Eric Northman aka Alexander Skarsgard. Oh and he was just nominated for his very first Emmy.

Walton Goggins established himself on television as Detective Shane Vendrell on the grittiest cop show to date, "The Shield". His performance from day one blew me away. I can't even count the number of times that he brought me to tears with his delivery of brilliant words or simply a look. Walton is definitely an intense actor which made him a great fit for another FX show, "Justified".

In this Elmore Leonard adaptation Goggins plays Boyd Crowder. Over the course of the first two seasons, his character has transformed from a white supremacist, to a peaceful religious leader to strategic criminal. As much as I love Walton as Shane, there was something special about his Boyd-as-cult-leader. It was like he slipped into this other skin, yet was still Boyd. This metamorphosis was so exciting to watch. Between "The Shield" and "Justified", I revel in each and every scene that man steps foot into.

It was nearly a decade overdue, but Goggins finally garnered the attention of the Academy that he so richly deserves. If you've been a fan of "The Shield" and "Justified", you were over the moon when the Emmy nomination FINALLY came through this past Thursday. I've been rooting for this guy for years, so it's pretty damn satisfying to see that the world/industry is now appreciating an actor that I've felt so strongly about. Honestly, if I ever bump into Walton around town (which is a dream I have) I'd probably be too excited to speak...or break out in nervous laughter. In any case, it would be severely embarrassing. I hope this gets across my love/admiration/obsession with one of the best actor's in the biz. If you haven't see his work, check it out. You won't be sorry.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0324658/

P.S. If you're a voting member of the Academy, VOTE FOR WALTON!!!!!!

No comments: