About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Get Ready To Laugh!

Who ever thought I would have seven returning comedies to look forward to this fall? Not me, I'm such a drama queen (when it comes to television that is). I much more likely to be watching "The Killing" or "The Shield" than "Two and a Half Men". Well, let's face it, you couldn't pay me to watch "Two and a Half Men". In any case, my TV schedule has been jam packed with murder, torture, backstabbing and other horribleness for the last several years. I've finally found somewhat of a balance with dramedies and full on sitcoms such as these seven, returning this fall that I am totally psyched about.

"RAISING HOPE" - White trash at the height of hilarity. The Chance family doesn't have much, but they've got more love for Baby Hope than they can handle. Martha Plimpton, Garret Dillahunt, Lucas Neff, Shannon Woodward and Cloris Leachman have me in stitches every week as their characters attempt to raise the cutest baby on television.

"MODERN FAMILY" - There is no better representation of today's family and relationships than those shown on "Modern Family". Let's face it, things aren't what they were when we were kids. Fewer things are funnier than watching these parents (especially Ed O'Neil's Jay) raise children who have cell phones, laptops and more friends on Facebook than Claire has neuroses.

"HAPPY ENDINGS" - The new Friends? Maybe. It's too early to tell, but this group of late twenty somethings was surprisingly hilarious. It's got the bride that left the groom at the alter, but their still gonna be friends friends, the crazy fun girl, the interracial married folks and it's even got the straightest gay guy you've ever met (on TV that is). For me, it's a formula for funny.

"HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER" - After six seasons, I still love the McClaren's gang. That whole Zoey story line last season had me a little disappointed but I have faith that they'll bounce back. Will Barney and Robin get back together? Will Ted meet the mother this season (or ever)? Will we get to see Lily through her inevitably hilarious pregnancy? I hope the answer is yes to all of the above.

"THE OFFICE" - Will The Office be funny without Steve Carell? James Spader is funny, but in that creepy way. So what does that mean for Dunder Mifflin Scranton? Does it all go down hill from here? I hope not and I'll definitely be tuning it because even without Carell, you've got the hilarious Mindy Kaling, Craig Robinson, Ed Helms and entire gang.

"BORED TO DEATH" - Jason Schwartzman + Ted Danson + Zach Galifianakis + Lots of Weed + Private Investigating = An Extremely Comical HBO Series. This could possibly be my favorite of Ted Danson's roles. It was so unexpected which was why it is so amusing. Galifianakis delivery is side splitting. Can't wait!!!!

"PARKS AND RECREATION" - Last season was so great with the addition of Rob Lowe and Adam Scott to the cast. This season, we can look forward to Patricia Clarkson as Tammy 1, Ron Swanson's first crazy wife. How amazing is that going to be?! Will Leslie run for mayor? I hope so. Will she and Ben fiiiiinally get together. They better!!!

No comments: