About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jenna and I'm addicted to great television. I'm on a mission to share with you what I think are the best of the best when it comes to shows and mini-series. Long format visual storytelling is my entertainment of choice. I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned..... P.S. I am under some sort of invisible legal obligation to state that I do not own any of the photos posted herein unless otherwise specified and if you see any of your images and would like me to credit you or take it down (‘cus you’re just a meanie), please contact me

Sunday, October 2, 2011

My TV Family

Who hasn't watched a show or a movie, fallen in love with a character and though "I wish she was my big sister" or "if only he was my dad"? Well I've created version one of my television family. If I could cherry pick each member from one of my favorite shows, here's who I'd be related to.....(warning: this is subject to change)

Dad - This was the hardest choice for me, so it's the only category with a tie. I can't decide between Ned Stark from "Game of Thrones" and Leroy Jethro Gibbs from "NCIS". Not sure why I picked two dudes with funky hair. If you don't like the tie, think of Ned as being my dad and Gibbs as my step dad. I have a feeling that both of them would scare the hell out of any dates daring enough to pick me up at home (weapons aside).
Both have that protector quality that all little girls need and want. Ned encourages his children in their interests however gender inappropriate they may be (for the time period) and doesn't abandon his bastards. He's a good guy like that. Gibbs may not always say what he's feeling, but his actions speak louder than words. Just ask Abby Sciuto.

Mom - Camille from "Parenthood". She seems to have it all together in the mom department. As matriarch of the Braverman clan, Camille knows when to back off and let her kids and grand kids make their own mistakes and when to intervene. She's always got a shoulder for you to cry on and a hot cup of tea waiting. Don't get me wrong, she's not perfect. There was the whole affair thing, but that's what makes her real. (I'm not crazy, I know she's not an actual person)

Big Brother - Seeley Booth from "Bones". I've always wanted a big brother. One that is dependable, protective and always has my back. Can't get much better than Booth in that area. Just imagine a teenage Seeley taking up for his little sister. For some reason, the visual in my head is of him wearing a letterman jacket. Not surprising that he followed in Dad's footsteps working for the government and going off to war (see how that works for either dad?!).

Big Sister - Lily from "How I Met Your Mother". We'd be close in age, but she's a little older, giving me lots of advice. In this parallel universe, I'm also small enough that we could share clothes and shoes. Hanging out with her and her husband Marshall is super fun. Can't wait for my little niece or nephew to arrive.

Husband - Jim from "The Office". We'd been friends for ages, but it was only a couple of years ago that he told me how he felt. I felt the same way! It wasn't long before we were planning a wedding and now we've got a beautiful baby.

Daughter - Hope from "Raising Hope". Seriously the cutest baby on television....and so well behaved. Always smiling and looking just over my shoulder, that is when she's not playing with the dog. She loves to woof at them.

Now that you all think I'm officially crazy, what would my TV family and I watch if we all sat down in front of the TV together? Any suggestions?

Who would your TV family be?

P.S. I'm in the process of picking out my extended family in my head and I see Supernatural's Bobby Singer as a grumpy uncle. Don't you think he'd make a good addition?

No comments: